Friday, February 03, 2006

Sticky on the Come Up

I meant to make a post about this awhile ago but, apparently, Kirk “Sticky Fingaz” Jones will be playing Blade in the made for TV movie. Yes, the same Blade portrayed by Wesley Snipes in the movies. It will be premiering soon on SpikeTV. And since Marvel and Spike have just announced that it will be an ongoing series (reminding me I was supposed to comment on it) I figured no time like the present. While Sticky is certainly not the first person that comes to mind, I think he might do an alright job. Though until this moment no one else had come to mind. Taye Diggs, maybe? Hey, go watch Equilibrium before you start hemmin’ and hawin’ about that one. All you really have to do as Blade is just walk around like a badass and kick ass like one. I think Sticky will do fine. Considering his impressive performance on that show Platinum I have to figure Blade will be cake for him. Keep in mind I saw him in that movie Ride and in Next Friday. Considering that this is the same person that was on Platinum he deserves a damn Oscar. Or at least some consideration (no, not really for an Oscar). Seriously have you seen Ride? Did you catch Next Friday? To go from that to his work on Platinum is damn near phenomenal. Forget about that fact that he has been in a ton more stuff than I even knew about. So, for the time being I’ll give Blade the TV movie the benefit of the doubt. Hmm, but then again it is on SpikeTV...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

honey, not Sticky Fingaz....no..not as Blade... Um Um um, made for TV movie at that?? I mean he's short, and little, and I dont think the immortal hard vampire role will get portrayed properly since he cant look mean. I mean he can look lazy-eyed, but not I dunno....just not a good match for blade. Thanks for this info, by the way. Your always in the know..

Cole Wynter said...

Actually, according to IMDB Wesley is 5'10" and Sticky is 5'9" and 3/4ths. So they are about the same height. And if you look at the promo shots he always has those glasses on. No one will notice the lazy eye.