Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like an Accident Waiting to Happen

I almost hit a Christmas Tree this morning. Through no fault of my own, I might add. It wasn’t like it was still in the ground. It was on the ground though. The 101 freeway to be exact. Somewhere just north of Universal City in the 2nd to the left lane. The truck in front of me swerved to the right and damn if I didn’t think, “Holy Shit, that’s a fuckin’ Christmas Tree!” I quickly looked to my left and swerved to avoid it. Thankfully there was no one on my left so I escaped unscathed. But damn. That was a big ass tree. It had to be at least 6 feet plus. And it was thick and bushy laid out on it’s side across the 2nd lane. And part of it in that first one. Hopefully, no one got into any accidents because of it. It’s hard to imagine someone would lose something that big and be completely oblivious. Looks like someone’s Xmas isn’t going too well. Maybe multiple someone’s if somebody hit that damn tree.

4 comments:

DatFuule said...

"Holy shit, that's fuckin' Christmas tree."

LOL! The fundies will have a field day damning you to hell for that one. At least you didn't call it a "Holiday" tree. Minus points for using "Xmas," though....

Cole Wynter said...

Hey 'X' is short for the 'Chr' sound. Isn't it? Anyway it was still a big ass tree and it almost took me out.

Rainmayun said...

the X is supposed to represent a cross. nice try though

Cole Wynter said...

According to wikipedia.org:
In English:
X is an abbreviation for Christ, as in Xmas (Christmas), X(t)ian (Christian), and Xianity (Christianity).
X is a symbol for a kiss, as in love notes. (See Hugs and Kisses.)
X is an abbreviation for cross in words like "Xing" (crossing) and "Kings X" (Kings Cross).
X also appears in other jargon or trade abbreviations, such as "xtal" (Crystal), "xant" (chrysanthemum), "reXn" (reaction), "Xlation" (translation), "SXSW" (South by Southwest Festival), "Rx" (receive), "Tx" (transmit), "Dx" (distance).
In American slang, X is often used as an abbreviation of ecstasy (MDMA), a synthetic drug.
to sign with a cross (often for illiteracy).

I was on point. Mostly...